Tuesday, September 06, 2005

not a seamless transition.

When I arrrived to pick up ChaCha from preschool, there was a lot of crying and screaming when the teacher opened the door to the classroom. I couldn't hear Charlotte's unmistakable cry, so I thought all was well. I asked the lead teacher, Miss Pauline, how Cha did. She kind of frowned and said, "She screamed for half an hour. We just let her be and she calmed down after that."

When I dropped her off, she was very happy and kissed me and turned her attention to her clay masterpiece. Apparently, at snack time, she wanted me and wanted to come home and then the screaming began. Oh, and she also wanted to take off her shoes to ride the bike in the play yard and had a snit about that.

And you know what? I'm really not overly concerned. I have certainly suffered hearing loss because of extended scream-o-ramas. And I just kind of ride them out, too.

On a good note, she did make several new friends and the other teacher said ChaCha spent a lot of time trying to comfort some of the kids who cried for almost the entire class. Way to go, sweetie!

And the twins are loving first grade. They don't want me to walk them past the playground in the mornings, I'm forbidden from standing near the classroom doors at dismissal. They are such big girls.

No comments: