Thursday, July 05, 2007

girly stuff

Not the little girl stuff, but big girl stuff.

I am happy to say that I have graduated from my very low-maintenance Cetaphil/Neutrogena sunblock/whatever cheap-o drugstore moisturizer was on sale to the Philosophy (or philosophy, I guess) skincare system. My skin has always been fairly decent, but after the kids, I just didn't have the time or inclination to do more than the most very basic care. Also, my inner cheapskate kicked in and I just couldn't justify spending a lot on something that I wouldn't or couldn't keep up with. But, lo! The children are not quite as time-intensive as in days past and I have been making it a priority to take care of myself a little more. And my skin loves me! It really, really loves me! And while my new skincare routine really isn't that much more of a time-suck than before, it feels a little more special.

And, I have some new makeup loves. Which is really saying something since I basically gave up on makeup for the past seven years except for events. I have a Neutrogena tinted moisturizer that works more like a sheer foundation that's really nice. And the boutique-y Mark line from Avon (or mark., I guess) is cheap and fun and I have a whole slew of lip glosses! Lip glosses with attached mints that fit right in my very tiny purse. Because I don't need to carry the Diaper Bag of Doom anymore. Yay!

Also, I got a whole bunch of new clothes! Clothes that include skirts and new shoes and cashmere sweaters. Oh, my dresser drawer filled with cashmere is a beautiful thing. And this is all because my kids no longer treat me as the human Kleenex and they no longer cling to me like baby koala bears.

It's amazing how a little girly stuff and a bit of time (not to mention a full night's sleep every night) makes me feel. I'm all cute and stuff. Now if those pesky gray hairs would magically disappear, I'd be golden. Heh.

No comments: