Thursday, July 12, 2007

it's like 2004!

Archie and I had old, clunky Nokia cell phones. No flip cover, no download capabilities, no camera, just phones. We've had them forever. But we got new phones yesterday and they are wonderful and do all kinds of cool things and we're having (or at least, I'm having) lots of fun with them. As you can probably guess by the title of this post, we didn't get iPhones because, what are you? Crazy? We have three kids and a gigantic mortgage and one income -- we can't even begin to pretend to imagine to justify spending that much money on phones, no matter how cool they are. No, we got Razors. We have moved into the mid-aughts, people!

We have texted! We've had fun trying to think up interesting ringtones. We've taken pictures. We've sent pictures! It's like we're 12.

The best thing was last night. I was getting ready to go to the grocery store and Archie was reading to the girls. He asked me to add a few things to the list. He told me a few normal things and then started going on and on with stupid things -- like a pool and a pony and the Eiffel Tower. Ha ha. Except as I put down the pen and prepared to walk out, Archie said, "Oh, yeah, and some Frosted Mini Wheats." Of course, all I wanted to do was flip him off, but the kids were all right there, so I was limited in how to express my annoyance.

I went into the living room and took my phone and took a picture of my hand with my middle finger extended. Then I sent it to Archie. Sadly, I thought it was pretty damn funny that I flipped off my husband using my brand-new phone. Because that is what all technology should do -- give me an interesting and novel new way to flip off my husband.

I can't wait until he annoys me again -- I'm torn as to whether I should text him and say, "Dick" or "Suck it".

Maybe "Suk it".

No comments: