Monday, August 15, 2005

three weeks to bliss.

Don't get me wrong -- I know I have a damn good life. Really. And I do enjoy hanging with the girlies. Especially since, as ChaCha said this morning, "Mama, everyone in our house uses the toilet now!" Aw, yeah. The diapers and the Pull-Ups have been replaced by underwear. My six year sentence is ended. Everyone in our house uses the toilet. Hooray!

But, to get back on topic, in three weeks, I'm getting six hours a week with no children. No little person droning on with, "MommyMommyMommyMommy," until my ears bleed. No reading "Olivia" for the millionth time. No watching "Blue's Clues" while brain cells wither and I wonder how Joe could be so stupid. Heh. Bebe and Lulu start first grade in a little over two weeks and the week after that, Ms. Cha will be starting preschool two days a week.

When the twins started preschool, I made it to the car without breaking into heaving sobs as I rested my head on the steering wheel. But I still had little Cha and I was enjoying the relative simplicity of taking care of one kid as opposed to three. When the big girls started kindergarten, I wasn't too weepy. We'd been through two years of preschool after all. I think I'm emotionally ready to watch Charlotte start off on her own. She's going to be great -- she tried to stay last week when we went to get an application! (Plus, all the teachers have known her since she was six months old. She was kind of like the class mascot.)

What will I do with six whole hours and no demands from my kids? I'm gonna start with a big, fat nap. I don't know what I'm going to do after that. I'm sure I'll think of something.

No comments: