Friday, August 19, 2005

stupid phone number.

When we moved into our house, we got a new phone number. I guess I'd figured we might get some calls meant for the person who had the number before us.

Well, we started to get lots of calls. For someone named Jenna. And, the calls were kind of strange.

"Hello."
"Uh, hi. Is Jenna there?"
"Sorry, no, there's no one here by that name."
"Oh. Do you do private parties?"
"No. This is a private residence."
"So, you don't do bachelor parties?"
"No. Sorry. Good bye."

After a number of these calls, I came to the realization that Jenna was a stripper or something along those lines. And some of the guys who called were rude. One guy asked me how much I would charge to do a party and wouldn't let it go, so I had to hang up on him. Really not sorry about that, rude guy.

Those calls have tapered off, thankfully. Now, someone thinks our number is a fax number. I'll rush to answer and get a loud beep. And, those calls come at all hours. Maybe we should get caller ID so I can contact the loser who rings my number at 4am and gives me a heart attack.

No comments: