Monday, December 27, 2004

the best present ever.

My mom is staying with us and she was appalled at the state of our dishwasher. The hinges on the door are shot and we have to prop it with a cup to load and unload. So Mom wanted to buy us a dishwasher for Christmas.

Today it was installed. It's white. I would have liked stainless, but Archie was dead-set against that. He says it's too much trouble to keep clean. So white. It's quiet. The other one was so loud we had to turn up the TV if we ran it while we were awake -- or shut the hall door if we set it to run after we went to bed. And it has a control panel lock. This is great as the girls love to press buttons and now they can press away!

And it has a 3 year warranty. It is the best present ever. I have apparently become a grown-up.

2 comments:

Isabelle said...

Hee. I got a fridge for christmas! I'm very excited about the fact I will never have to defrost a freezer again.

Hope you and yours had a good christmas!

xo

katie said...

Yay! It's the Christmas of Major Appliances. I'm sure that's mentioned somewhere in the Bible.

We had a lovely, happy Christmas. I hope you and your family had a warm, summer holiday.