Monday, May 05, 2008

the most random exchange ever

Happy birthday to me! And happy Cinco de Mayo to those of you who don't view the day of my birth as a holiday. Although, in all honesty, I still think that lots of people are really celebrating my birthday.

Today is great -- it's sunny and beautiful and Cha is currently playing in the kitchen sink and we're singing along to ELO and enjoying the early afternoon. Not only have I been enjoying the day, I've also been productive. Several loads of laundry and a load of dishes are knocked out. Also, I cleared the hated tiny table because my husband put together a cabinet to use as a pantry and he can take that awful table out to the garage or something.

Yesterday, I took the girls to get shoes. We were on our way home and had the Barenaked Ladies song "One Week" blaring on the Shuffle (hooked into the car radio), with the windows rolled down. We were at a stop light and a very large man was walking through the crosswalk. As he got next to my car, he said, "Remembering 1998, huh?" I laughed.

No comments: