Saturday, May 05, 2007

triple fun

I am 42 years old today. I am old. Although, last week, when I told Bebe that I was old because I would be 42, she said, "Oh, Mama, you're not old. You don't look a day over 32." Sadly, I was thrilled, even though she's seven and she didn't even know me when I was 32. Oh, man, now I feel really old.

Also, happy Cinco de Mayo. I still secretly think that people of Mexican heritage are celebrating my birthday every year.

And, as occasionally happens, Derby Day falls on my birthday. I love Derby Day. And this year, as I dozed in front of early ESPN coverage, Archie herded the children out of the house and they've been gone for several hours. I had a big, fat nap and talked to my mom and had a snack. I'm expecting that Arch and the kids will be back soon with gifts and a cake. And tales of a special lunch out. Later, I'll take a shower and then we'll all go out for Mexican.

To recap, I'm old, it's the 5th of May, and there's a big horse race on TV. Also, presents, Mexican food, and chocolate cake for later. It's a fantastic day.

No comments: