Wednesday, May 02, 2007

happy may

Well, it's been a while. What's going on? Are you enjoying your spring?

I am currently happy about watching the NBA playoffs because the Suns are kicking Laker ass and Steve Nash has a kicky new haircut -- yet still looks kind of greasy. The other day there was a clip on TNT where Nash walked past an on-court announcer and made a really stupid face and it was hilarious. Also, the Warriors? Please take out Dallas. Please.

Baseball is great and makes me very happy, even when the Cubs lose, which seems to be happening too early this season. But, still and all, I always love watching a game that goes into extra innings and singing the stretch twice, because it's the 14th. Even when they lose, that's a good time.

TV is ever the vast wasteland -- but "30 Rock" will be back for a second season, which makes me smile. And maybe maybe "Raines" with Jeff Goldblum will come back. (But probably not.) I cannot explain my love for Goldblum. I still remember going to see "The Big Chill" in college and going to every showing over a weekend just so I could watch him mumble and give those crazy-ass line readings. And then there is the funniest sex scene ever with Emma Thompson in "The Tall Guy". (I also love that movie because of the musical version of "The Elephant Man". In high school, we had a running joke about adapting that as a musical, so I always like to think that some British guy had a spy in our crappy drama club and stole our brilliantly funny idea.)

Saturday is my birthday and I am excited because Derby Day falls on my special day this year. I am planning on reclining on the couch and watching hours of coverage and drinking tasty adult beverages. Archie says it will be like a Tennessee Williams play, "Bring Mama another mint julep. Now! I need that now! Oh, why do you all try me so? All I want is to watch the elegant ponies and have a few moments of joy." All of that must be slurred and I need to get a mister so I'm all moist and damp, I think. Heh. Then we'll all be going out and having Mexican food for dinner to celebrate the fact that my birthday is also a holiday. Margaritas all around!

Archie has good things happening, which I can't talk about. The girls are all trolling websites looking for summer clothes they like. I am a decent parent, though, since they think the height of fashion are skorts and velcro sandals and not belly shirts and stripper heels.

No comments: