Monday, July 10, 2006

sabermetrics is not for young children

This evening, I was watching a program about sabermetrics. In case you are not a baseball fanatic, this is the study of statistics in baseball. I know you are all extremely excited and want to be my best friend because I am sooo cool.

Bebe came in the family room and asked what I was watching. I told her it was a show about baseball statistics. She sat down next to me and we listened to the expert guy talk about total player ratings and how to assess whether players from different eras are similiar. The guy talked for about 5 minutes and used various formulas and Bebe turned to me and said, "I didn't understand one thing that man said."

Then we watched "Pee-wee's Playhouse" and screamed each time they said "door" and all was right with the world.

1 comment:

Rikki said...

I want to be your best friend because you are sooo cool :)