Friday, November 24, 2006

the day after the stuffing

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had over good friends and ate like pigs at the trough. You know, if pigs ate themselves (we had ham) and could fashion pies with their cloven hooves.

The thing I will remember about this year's celebration is that Ms. Cha sneaked into the kitchen while the adults were all in a food coma and ate a chocolate pie with her fingers. The pie was an offering brought by some of our guests and as they were leaving, I said, "Well, Charlotte learned a lesson from the Great Pie Incident," thinking of the fact that we explained patiently all she had to do was ask for another piece -- lord knows if there's one day you will not be denied food it's Thanksgiving. Our friend said, "Yeah -- the lesson is that if you eat a pie with your fingers, the guests will leave the remainder at your house. Awesome job, Mom!"

I laughed, but thought, "Hmmm, I think I might have to stick my fingers into some pies at a later date and blame it on Charlotte."

No comments: