Friday, September 14, 2007

wasting time

I should be cleaning, but instead I'm writing here. (Don't worry, Archie -- I'll get the house in some vague semblance of order.)

My shuffle has been telling me one other thing. It's telling me that all of my music is from the 80s and 90s. Well, except for some Franz Ferdinand and the Shins. Hell, one song even explicitly says it's from the 80s -- "Don't tell me that it can't be done/'Cause we're livin' in the 80s." Oh, Nick Lowe, how I love you. "Jumbo Ark" and "All Men Are Liars"? Just fun. I think all men are liars has one of my favorite lyrics ever -- "There stands the naked ape in a monkey suit/Behind the little mustache he grew/The shifty brute."

Sadly, even Mr.Lowe has been cranking out albums in this century, yet I have not kept up in my listening. I think I'll have to get on that.

No comments: